Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bandai R2-D2 Model Kit (Black Series Comparison)

 So I recently received my Bandai Star Wars Droids Model Kits (I ordered both the R2D2 and C3P0).  This review is going to focus on the R2 kit and give a photo comparison to the Hasbro Black Series toy.

If you have never put together a model kit before - you will need a pair of small wire clippers, an exacto knife, some spray paint (optional), and alot of patience.  The two astromech droids took me approximately 2.5 hours to put together (not including painting).  

The picture instructions are easy to follow even though there are notes in Japanese.  The stickers and the feet hoses were the only parts that really tested my patience.
 
I strongly recommend painting the grey parts silver.  This is easy to do with a model kit as you just spray paint the spru.

I also gave my R5 a custom paint job because I didn't like the blue and red together.  I just painted all the colored parts a rusty red.

My finished droids. 

R2 standing with the Bandai C3P0.  This picture came out a little bright.  They look even nicer in person.


The following pictures show the Bandai next to Hasbro.  Overall the Bandai looks much nicer but maybe is just a bit too tall.  It is also just a little more fragile.  I like having both but would choose the Bandai if forced.





No comments:

Post a Comment